KARL J. WEAVER 魏卡爾
Woodinville, WA, USA | (C) +1-425-647-9315 | (E) firstname.lastname@example.org
| LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/karljweaver/
Senior Mandarin Chinese-speaking, Global Mobile Device ecosystem and Smart Card/Semiconductor Industry executive focused on securing design-in sales wins of embedded software and hardware technologies to major OEM/ODMs of IoT, M2M Smart and Connected Mobile Devices in Asia, Europe and North America.
|> Global Business, Account & Product Development & Management Experiences|
|> Bilingual Mandarin/English Mobile Public Speaker, Trainer, Moderator and Panelist|
|> Expatriate work experiences in Greater China, Europe and North America|
|> Extensive network of Chinese OEM/ODM Smart Mobile Devices & Silicon Chip Channel customers|
|> Mobile “Contactless” NFC payments Rainmaker|
|> TEE Embedded Software Mobile Device Security|
|> eSIM/eUICC Evangelization and design-in wins|
|> GSMA/Remote SIM Provisioning Expertise
> Extensive understanding of Smart Card and Semiconductor industries in Greater China/Asia
> Wearable Devices Ecosystem trained for China
China Biz Dev Manager eSIM/iUICC ARM/Simulity Labs 2017-2018 Remote Employment, Asia travel
- Built huge sales funnel of Cellular Module and Smart Card Chip manufacturers for iUICC design-in by Q3, 2018.
- Presented at 2017 CES Asia & Mobile World Congress Shanghai Conferences on eSIM OS & Wearables Panel Sessions.
- Built RSP distribution channels with two top Chinese MNVOs: Red Tea Mobile and Shanghai Gotell/Roam2Free.
- Expanding business Relationships with Quectel, HED Huada, Infineon Beijing, MediaTek, Qualcomm & Hi Silicon.
- Created Market analysis of China’s NB-IOT chip market with MNO for Cellular Module Chip projects/partnerships.
- Negotiated major new Project partner:UCLoudy for ARM MBed & PSA security program, through SIMCom referral.
OEM Biz Dev Director – eSIM/eUICC & RSP for Wearables 2016-2017 Oasis Smart SIM, Remote Employment, Asia travel
- Drove new business partnerships with top Chinese MNO/MVNO, OEMs for eSIM design in wins with and increased the number of design wins with Xiaomi, ZTE (Nubia), Huawei, LGE, Tencent, Goertek, Mobvoi, Blocks, Shenzhen Snowball.
- Built strong relationship with NXP-partner Shenzhen Snowball Technologies on wearable smart watches strategy with eSIM, targeted for subway TSM with wearable OS partnerships,
- Engineered strong local partnership with T-Mobile HQ by collaborating on the launch and promotion Samsung Gear S2/3 Smart Watches and introduction of Chinese Smart Watches to their IoT/M2M Team.
Greater China Business Development Manager 2015-2016 Rivetz Corp, Remote Employment, Asia travel
- Collaborated with key stakeholders to establish a software developer Community in Greater China/Asia for design of (TEE) Enabled security “Rivet-zed” applications, leveraging relationships with MNOs, Banks, CUP, AliPay, Silicon Chip, Smart Card and Smartphones/Tablet PC manufacturers.
- Secured major Smartphone, tablet PC and Silicon chip OEM deals, recent 3 NDA/MoUs signed with Xiaomi, Huawei, Meizu
- Delivered English and Chinese presentations on Starbucks adoption of Apple Pay at the point-of-sale payment terminals and acceptance of EMV payment standard for Smartphone usage, presented twice in WA State.
OEM Business Development Manager – Mobile NFC & TEE Device Security 2008-2013 Gemalto and Trustonic, Beijing, China, Expatriate
- Negotiated several Smartphone design wins of Gemalto Mobile NFC (SWP) USIM cards at Motorola China, Sony-Ericsson China, Huawei, ZTE, Lenovo, TCL, Yulong, HTC and Acer.
- Drove the adoption of Trusted Logic NFC software stack and Tablet PC-DRM at HTC, AsusTek, Acer and Chinese Payments vendors, generating over € 500K
- Closed TEE (embedded Mobile device security) orders at Hi Silicon (Huawei) and Mediatek, generating $3 million € Euros in revenue.
- Established Executive relationships that resulted in three key M2M/Mobile NFC/Mobile Security projects worth 5 Million € Euros in revenue with key Chinese MNOs (China Mobile/Unicom/Telecom), Banks (China Merchants Bank, China Union Pay), Smartphone/Tablet vendors (AsusTek, HTC, Acer).
OEM Accounts Business Development/Sales Manager 2005-2008 Intrinsyc Software International, Bellevue, WA
- Secured first US$200K OEM project with Wistron (Bonus US$5K reward) for new Soleus-branded feature phone software platform based on Windows Embedded CE core kernel OS (Microsoft) targeted to Greater China handset OEMs, captured projects with ZTE, Amoi Mobile, Inventec, worth US$500K
Sr. Technical Marketing Manager – Wireless Chip Business Unit 2004-2005
Motorola/Freescale Semiconductor, Tempe, Arizona
- Major Evangelist for Radio Frequency Products Division WMSG, promoted ISMLink, ZigBee, Bluetooth, WLAN, DVB-H, GPS, GSM/GPRS, EDGE, CDMA 1xRTT and WCDMA to OEM channels.
- Created marketing sales tools, go to market strategies, costing analysis, proposals tactics /plans generating 2-3 Million in Sales for Nintendo, Motorola, Sony-Ericsson, Siemens, and Apple client base.
Additional Business Development, Sales & Marketing Positions 1993-2003
Seattle and Taipei, Taiwan: Digicom, Leviton Voice & Data, Protura Wireless, Zetron,
- Held a wide variety of wireless, international, sales/marketing and business development positions in Seattle and Taipei, Taiwan. Leveraged international business experience and Chinese language (Mandarin) skills to drive new business opportunities in the mobile hardware and software World to OEM manufacturers in Asia.
Bachelor of Science: Business Management, Computers, Mandarin Chinese
SALVE REGINA UNIVERSITY Newport, RI
Certification in Mandarin Chinese Language: Mandarin Chinese Language NATIONAL TAIWAN NORMAL UNIVERSITY- MANDARIN TRAINING CENTER Taipei, Taiwan Awarded 2-year Mandarin scholarship recipient from Taiwan’s Ministry of Education. Fluent in Mandarin.
Professional Certification of Broadband Wireless Communications
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON Seattle, WA